The Schwab Trading Community allows users to connect with traders, share ideas, and explore original content.
- Update your profile and connect with other users
- Edit your email preferences
- Explore the various types of content that you can create
- Browse Spaces to Follow or Share
- View recent News
How to get around
- Share your ideas: start a discussion, write a blog, create a poll, upload a file.
- Follow, Share,Bookmark, Like content: You can follow any content post or place which will add it to your activity stream. Sharing content with others will allow you to receive feedback. To view your Followed content, click News and then “Connections Stream” on the left rail.
- Users can edit their streams by clicking on the arrow to the right of the text, as shown in the image below
- You can also set a specific stream to display as your “Home” stream
- Reply directly to posts on the home page: To reply to any post on the homepage simply click “Reply” or “Comment”, type your reply, and click “Post” to have the reply appear as a single thread under the original post.
- View Private Messages: To view new private messages, click the orange “@” symbol next to your profile name at the top right. This will take you to your inbox where you can also send a new message or filter your inbox to view only messages or notifications.
- View curated Twitter feed: The Schwab Trading Community offers a real-time Twitter feed that features market related Tweets from numerous Schwab experts. View this blog post in the Trading Community to learn more about the new Twitter feed.
- Attend Community workshops: Register for exclusive live workshop sessions for Community members by first navigating to the “Workshops” space. This page will display all of the currently available Trading Community workshops.
- View commentary from Schwab experts: To view regular blog posts by Schwab Experts who provide market commentary and discuss trading strategies, click on the “Blogs” tab in the navigation bar and choose “Schwab & Expert Commentary.”
- Search: The Search field in the upper right corner is a great way to browse content. Click on the magnifying glass and type a key word in the field to choose from various types of content. Search results will begin to appear as you are typing and you will be able to scroll in the pop up to further view content.
- View various discussion topics, blogs, and polls: click on one of the navigation links in the navigation bar and choose a topic to browse.
- View content that you have authored and/or contributed to: Click on your name in the upper right corner, in the pop-up window click on “View Profile.” Click on the “Content” tab in the grey box and choose the type of content you are looking for. This also applies to viewing content authored by someone else. In order to do this, search for the user in the search field, go to their profile, and follow the above steps. To view content that you have recently contributed to but might not have authored click on the ‘Activity’ tab of this same page.
- Find Suggestions, History, and Bookmarked items: Click on the magnifying glass in the top right corner and navigate the tabs to find what you are looking for.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I send a private message to another member?
- Click “Create” at the top right and choose “Message.” A pop-up will appear which will allow you to choose who you want to send a private message to. You may also add additional people to the message.
- Click on a specific person’s name which will take you to their profile page. Choose “Message” on the right in the grey box and a message window will appear with that person’s name selected. You may also add additional people to the message.
- Hover over a specific person’s name and you will have the option to message or follow them. If you choose “Message,” a message window will appear with that person’s name selected. You may also add additional people to the message.
- How do you open a private message in the inbox?
- To view new messages, click the orange symbol next to your profile name at the top right. This will take you to your inbox where you can also send a new private message or filter your inbox to view messages or notifications
© 2016 Charles Schwab & Co., Inc, All rights reserved. Member SIPC.